Dec 21. 2021
DELIA-Backed Ventures Continue to Soar
Nearly a year ago, we launched DELIA, a pilot project for a new fintech-driven micro-lending platform we developed in partnership with CORL. Through DELIA, which was designed to eliminate gender bias in lending, we were able to provide access to capital to 52 diverse women-owned and led businesses across Southern Ontario. The results have been truly extraordinary and absolutely affirming of the original mission and vision of DELIA as part of the Government of Canada’s Women Entrepreneurship Strategy. Today we would like to share some of the exciting recent developments and highlights from the DELIA portfolio, showing what is possible when we help to support and accelerate innovation and commercialization timelines for such high-potential entrepreneurs:
- The Tilaus platform has arrived: an all-new cloud-based software enabling streamlined workflows for efficient application of CSRS 4200 compilation engagements, designed and developed by Founder and CEO Jennifer McCann, CPA.
- Hyivy Health recently won the 2021 AGE-WELL National Impact Challenge for their groundbreaking work in intelligent and holistic women’s pelvic rehabilitation.
- Founder and CEO Barbara Jones’ venture StayBillety is a short term rental and home sharing platform for groups and organizations and their communities. Recently profiled in Rental Scale-Up, StayBillety is currently raising their next round of venture capital.
- ConnexHealth demonstrated leadership in responding to the pandemic with dynamic community-based solutions for healthcare access and navigation. The digital platform designed and pioneered by Founder and CEO Medha Saraiya (ConnexMatch, ConnexNav, ConnexKids and more) provides a strategic opportunity to utilize technology to support individuals and families and provide the best quality healthcare connections.
- Aphantasia Network Co-Founder and Imagination Spectrum CXO Jennifer McDougall created the world’s central digital platform for the exploration and identification of image-free thinking, driving the global conversation and setting a course for the proliferation of new strategies and science (including helping to organize the Extreme Imagination 2021 conference).
- AcreageWay Inc. CEO and Co-Founder Shaily Srivastava was featured at Spark Centre’s Annual General Meeting this year when they announced the expansion of their platform into Manitoba, Alberta and British Columbia. AcreageWay uses blockchain technology to fractionalize and democratize the commercial real estate investment market.
- Girl Boss Chess really took off this year making waves around the world by empowering young women via a dynamic and contemporary chess edtech platform driven by Founder Ingrid Gayle and her cadre of champion instructors. Girl Boss Chess has been widely featured in publications like the Toronto Star.
All of the innovation-driven ventures across the entire DELIA portfolio continue to inspire us. We hope you will connect, follow, place an order, sign up or otherwise find ways to support these amazing women led companies and their ground-breaking Founders.
The DELIA project was supported by FedDev Ontario through the Government of Canada’s Women Entrepreneurship Strategy.
COPYRIGHT © 2021 NORTHUMBERLAND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE CORP. (O/A “NORTHUMBERLAND CFDC” ABBREVIATED “NCFDC”). ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
COOKIE CONSENT STATUS